Welcome to Fly With Me, my blog about all the things that I love. You'll see from this site that I have a keen passion in aviation, watching planes is what gets me by all the times I have nowhere to go.
I also love to travel, alas I do not get to do this as much as I would like.
Whether you share my love of planes or traveling the world I am sure you'll find something here to scratch that itch.
If you do like something you see please leave a comment, your feedback is what drives me to keep writing and sharing these great things.
- Cockatoo IslandLocated in the middle of Sydney Harbour is the beautiful, heritage listed, Cockatoo Island.
- Sydney HarbourBeing a tourist in my own city. A quick ferry down the Parramatta River that didn't go to plan.
- Canberra NYE 20163 days away in our nation's Capital ended off with some great NYE fireworks.
- Port Macquarie 11 December 2016Sunday flight to Port Macquarie
- Wellington NZ November 2016A quick weekend getaway to our neighbours across the ditch.
- SGMY16: Day 6 Final Day of SingaporeDay 6, final day in Singapore. Spent most of the day relaxing before heading off to Changi Airport for the flight home.
- SGMY16: Day 5 Back to SingaporeDay 5 started off with a long taxi ride to KLIA, a flight back to Singapore and then an afternoon of exploring new things.
- SGMY16: Day 4 Exploring Kuala Lumpur and The Petronas TowersDay 4 was a day for exploring The Petronas Towers area of KL. I have always wanted to visit here and today I did!
- SGMY16: Day 3 Singapore to Kuala LumpurDay 3 started of in a coach from Singapore's Golden Mile Complex and finished up in Malaysia's Capitol, Kuala Lumpur.
- SGMY16: Day 2 Exploring SingaporeDay 2 the adventure begins. I spent the day riding around a hop-on, hop-off bus and exploring some of the stops.
- SGMY16: Day 1 Flight to SingaporeDay 1 of the adventure begins on Scoot Airlines Dreamliner and ends at the Parkroyal on Pickering hotel.
- Launceston Day TripA quick day trip from Sydney to Launceston via Melbourne then back to Sydney. Here's my vlog.
- Perth May 2016My weekend getaway to Perth to see the Antonov 225 and also to explore the WA capital for the first time.
- The Royal National ParkA nice Sunday drive through Sydney's Royal National Park.
- New Zealand North Island Feb 2016A 4 day road trip across New Zealand's North Island
- Lorraine’s Musings: 28 Years with BASitting on a beach front balcony in Barbados the day before my 28th anniversary flying with BA.
- The Crash of MH370The Crash Of MH370 examines the facts, who’s who, the flight and search.
- Sydney Plane Spotting 26 March 2017First plane spotting in almost 2 months, lots of great video captured A320 to A380, B737 to B747 and everything in between.
- Sydney Plane Spotting 14 January 2017Sydney Plane Spotting with some special Japanese 747s
- Sydney Plane Spotting 08 January 2017First plane spotting for 2017 at Sydney Airport.
- Qantas 2016A quick look back at my 2016 Qantas Videos
- Sydney Plane Spotting 10 December 2016Photos and videos taken at "The Beach" alongside taxiway alpha and RWY16L/34R.
- Windy WellingtonSome windy runway action from Wellington
- Sydney Plane Spotting 21 August 2016Loads of big and small operators from Jetstream 32 to B747
- Sydney Plane Spotting 10 August 2016Best spotting day so far. Had a lot of luck with mostly large aircraft.
- Sydney Plane Spotting 16 July 2016Best spotting day so far. Had a lot of luck with mostly large aircraft.
- Sydney Plane Spotting 10 July 2016Sunday Plane Spotting. Lots of great photos and videos.
- Sydney Plane Spotting 9 July 2016Weekend plane spotting and testing out my new camera.
- Sydney Plane Spotting 28 June 2016A prime location at The Beach with a view of 34L/16R
- Turbulent Skies in ATR72Horrible weather on the Australian east coast made for interesting flying.
- Sydney 16R Landing Plane Spotting 29/05/1629th May 2016 - Landings on Runway 16R at Sydney Airport Compilation
- Sydney 34L Plane Spotting SaturdayPlanespotting at Sydney Airport Runway 34L on 28/05/2016
- Antonov 225 in PerthMy dream come true, the Antonov 225 visiting Perth for the first time. Waited 7 hours for this monster plane to arrive.
- April Weekend Plane SpottingThe following compilation was recorded from Marsh Street, Tempe near Sydney Airport. Videos are from 25th of April and 1st of May 2016. […]
- Easter Weekend SpottingEaster long weekend and plenty of time to watch the planes come and go at Sydney Airport.
- ScootScoot Review! Feature packed low cost carrier flying Australia to Singapore and beyond. Rated 7/10.
- Transtar Travel SingaporeTranstar Travel operates different classes of coaches from Singapore to Malaysia and beyond. Rated 5/10.
- Rydges AdelaideRydges "South Park" Adelaide is a bit dated, semi comfortable with a horrible shower. Scores 5/10
- Virgin Australia Lounge Adelaide AirportIt might be small but it's relatively comfortable and beats sitting in the terminal.
- QT CanberraLocated on London Circuit right in the middle of the CBD, views aren't great but was super close to NYE fireworks 8/10
- Rydges Port MacquarieRight next to the river and the beach, nice rooms but expensive for location, scores 6/10
- Marina Bay Sands SingaporeThe most beautiful place I have ever stayed, an absolutely amazing experience scores 11/10
- Boulcott Suites Wellington NZLocated in Wellington CBD on a hill in a great location, scores 8/10
- Parkroyal on Pickering SingaporeThe greenest hotel in Singapore and one of the nicest, scores 10/10!
- Hard Rock Hotel Sentosa SingaporePart of Resorts World Sentosa there is almost unlimited fun here. Scores 7/10
- The Residence at Singapore Recreation ClubAs the name suggests this is a small accommodation wing on the top floor of the Singapore Recreation Club scoring 5/10
- Hotel Maya Kuala LumpurIn the heart of KL's CBD and very close to the Petronas Twin Towers the Hotel Maya scores 8/10.
- Virgin Australia Sydney Lounge ReviewVirgin's Sydney Domestic T2 Lounge is a solid 9/10.